Bubblegum Coat by See Kate Sew


Hi everyone! I can finally share my making from last week!

I love See Kate Sew's blog and work as a pattern designer. She always has the best projects and her blog is such an eye-candy! Recently she had a call for pattern testers and I was one of the lucky people who got to test one of the patterns for the new Nostalgia collection! This was my very first pattern testing for a clothing pattern! I was just so excited! 



My oldest girl was needing a new coat so I picked the Bubblegum coat. I had never sewn a coat before but I love (love!) new (to me) projects as I can always learn something new. 

Kate designed this coat for the All-Star season of Project Run and Play, and now released it as a pattern in the Fall collection.



Fabric

When I was shopping for the fabric I immediately chose this red corduroy. I have a thing for red coats! (and red shoes and snickers...)

Then I thought I would have trouble finding a matching fabric for the lining but I couldn't believe when I saw this one on a "on sale" pile at my local fabric store! It reminds me of 60's and 70's prints. And although I am not a fan of big floral prints, I really like this one! 


Pattern
Bubblegum coat, by Sew Kate Sew.



Details 

The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. 

Changes made: I added interfacing to the facings and understitched them so they wouldn't pick from the outside. I topstitched along the entire coat so the coat would have a more tailored look. I also topstitched the pocket flaps.




You can check more Bubblegum coats from other pattern testers here, here and here.

The Nostalgia collection (the Fall collection) can be found here. It includes two tops and a dress. (The kaleidoscope top is on top of my to-do list!)

It was really fun (and easy) to make this coat! I will definitely make it again! (I already have a just the perfect fabric for it!)

Happy sewing!


2 comments

  1. This is beautiful, and I love the lining. The red is so vivid, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh céus, este casaco é um espanto!!
    Quero, em versão grande :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!